Where is the commercial real estate market headed in 2018? The industrial sector has continued it’s strong run through 2017, but the picture is varied for the office, retail and multifamily sectors. Retail, for example, continues to struggle, with a 32% drop. For a detailed look at what’s ahead, check out these insights from the National Association of Realtors’ latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook.
- Investment volume in LCRE (Large Cap Commercial Real Estate) markets continued into the third quarter of 2017.
- Office sales were down 18%on a yearly basis—mostly due to a drop in CBD office transactions—but suburban office sales rose.
- The industrial sector posted strong sales volume, exceeding the prior peak set in the third quarter of 2007.
- Retail sales dropped 32 percent during the third quarter.
- Commercial real estate in SCRE (Small Cap Commercial Real Estate) markets continued to experience advances in investment sales, however the momentum moderated during the third quarter of 2017.
- Following on the first quarter’s 4.4 percent decline and the second quarter’s 4.4 percent increase in sales volume, REALTORS® reported sales volume rose 3.6 percent in the third quarter.
Click here for more.